Thursday, September 1, 2016

Bothered Right Now, For Two Reasons

OK, OK, OK ... I am trying to write a blog post about finding a place with reliable-enough wi-fi to do my fantasy auction tomorrow, but I really can't right now.

First of all, I'm at Caffetto right now.  It's where I want to do my online auction.  There's free, long-term parking close by, or so I thought.  When I went there this morning, all the spaces I rely on, the ones that are usually open this time of day, were taken.  All of them!  And I'm like, What the fuck?!

So I had to go down a side street to see if there was any parking there.  And I did, on the other side of the street.  So I though I could do a quick quasi-U-turn at a four-way intersection because it was on a side street, you know?  So I hand turn the steering wheel to the right with the intention of swinging it all the way to the left and turn it all the way around without backing up.

But then I heard a huge honking horn.  I did not see this taxi that came up right behind me.  If I didn't stop and if he didn't stop, he would have run right into my left driver's-side wheel.  I was so flustered that I when I tried to back up I spun my wheels because I was in Neutral and not Reverse.

Bottom line, I'm glad I didn't get into a wreck.  And yeah, maybe I shouldn't have done that quasi-U-turn in the 8 o'clock hour in the morning at a side street that may still have been pretty busy.  But the taxi drivers around here are fucking crazy, and I don't know where the hell he came from, and he tore ass as soon as I backed off.  So I'm sure he sped up behind me when he wasn't supposed to.

OK, excuses.

---

When I put my laptop down in Caffetto, I was the only person sitting down in the back room.  There were a couple people chillin' in the frontroom and there were people who I think wanted to take their drinks to go.  But once I got my drink to try and cool down from almost getting my car ruined, I was prepared to have some time and space to myself.

I think you know what happens next.  Another guy walks in; totally fine.  He has many tables to choose from because the back room is a big room.  Which one does he take?  The one right behind me.  I mean, it's like those times when you're peeing in a urinal in a men's room you're the only one in, and suddenly a guy walks in and takes the urinal right next to you.  (OK, I don't think this has ever happened to me.)  Does this prick have any consideration for my or even his personal space?  I'm shaking my head.

And this third guy comes in and takes the table right in front of me.  Three solitary men, bunched the fuck together in a corner of this back room because two of them are stupid.  Oh, and the guy who sat behind me chose not to talk loudly on his call.  Fuck these guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment