Wednesday, October 26, 2016

My Goals To Spend And Eat Less Aren't Going Well

And it's triggers that are doing it.  Well, I guess.

Yesterday (Tuesday) I had twin goals of not spending money and not eating too much.  And I was doing well; I was munching on a free cookie my stripper friend gave me at this Prince thing Sunday, and I picked up a piece of chocolate cake from the free Costco display (and no, I did not get a Costco membership).  Now that I think about it, maybe I wasn't doing so well when it came to food.  But compare that to Monday, when I bought oatmeal at the cafeteria, and then a pizza, and then my boss bought me apples with caramel and whip cream.  (My colon kind of blew after I ate the apples, and that's actually a good thing, but I do NOT think I'll blog about that because I've already said too much.)  Anyway, my bottom line is I felt hungry both Monday and yesterday, and I actually think I did a good job controlling my appetite yesterday by eating stuff I got for free.

Since I'm going over my day chronologically, I'm jumping over to the money side now.  Near the end of my day, I took a break from working to look at Deadspin.  Scrolling through that, I find a deal for Levi's jeans for $30.  Now, I don't really need jeans because I have plenty.  And, I learned later, that $30 sale price (technically $29.99, and that includes free shipping) is only for Amazon Prime customers, and even though I know I could sign up and then get that $29.99 price for the jeans, I didn't want to because I know I'll be too lazy to cancel my 30-day free trial membership.  However, after a quick search online, the total price for these jeans with the non-Prime shipping (which turned it into a total of $35.47 or something) seemed to still be a very good deal.  And I love deals, especially ones that wouldn't last through the end of the day.  So thank goodness I remembered to jump back on Amazon and buy the jeans, although I had to buy them a width size one inch bigger than I wanted to.

Which actually might be a good thing, because I ate too much last night.  My parents grilled some meat for dinner, and even with the cookie and cake I ate at work, I thought my stomach could withstand some good eatin'.  I really do.  But that's the thing about meat: For some reason it makes me hungry.  (Probably the protein.)  So before I bought the jeans (I think, and yeah, I'm now doing this out of order) I made myself cereal.  And I feel the cereal in my stomach, still.

I complain about slowly getting fat, and my parents want me to start paying for the house, and right now I'm doing nothing to prevent the former and to prepare for the latter.  Man, I need a massage ... and because I already charged my credit card to buy the jeans, I went onto Groupon and used my credit card to buy a massage, too.  Because in for a penny. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment