Saturday, October 29, 2016

Well, I was basically in bed from a bit after 7:30 last night until almost 10 this morning.  Gosh, 14 1/2 hours, with me going to the bathroom only once.  I was up for a few hours, from 3 till about 6 in the morn, but besides that I was gone, out, kaput-ski.

Rarely have I felt this wave of unconsciousness come over me.  But after watching the encore of It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, I retired to my bedroom and turned on the Bemidji St. men's hockey game on public television in anticipation of Washington Week at 8, I got really, really tired.  Thursday night I had to go out because my alma mater was playing Cal, but I got home and was in bed by 2:15, 2:30.  And I was able to sleep at work yesterday for lunch.  So I have no idea what came over me.  But I was so tired that, even though I knew this was a "bad" one, I left the TV on, turned my head and closed my eyes.

I woke up at precisely 8:19 to see Amy Walter filling in again for Gwen Ifill (what's happened to her?  Hope it's not too serious) on WW.  I may have stayed up to listen to the end of the show, then I flipped back to the Beavers hockey game ... and then I don't remember.  Well, I remember I woke up, with my bedroom light on and the TV, I think, off (I probably shut it off after waking up that first time) at around 3.  And shoot, maybe I did get up to turn off my light then, and maybe I was dinkin' around my phone for the next few hours.  I know I was out one final time, probably for several more hours, before I woke up for good.

The good thing about having that long of a sleep is that I didn't eat for about 18 1/2 hours.  But starting at 1:30 this afternoon or so, I went to this new place called Fat Chance, and I ate a sub as big as my car and enough fries to feed a family of six.  I'm glad my stomach was that empty.  But whatever calories my body melted away while I was passed out, I've put back on.  Oof, I feel fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment