Thursday, October 27, 2016

Addendum To: My Goals To Spend And Eat Less Aren't Going Well

So after work and before the Golden Gopher women's soccer season finale (they whipped Maryland 6-0, and they have home-pitch advantage through the B1G Tournament -- congratulations) I went to the bank to convert money from my alumni club's account to a cashier's check/money order.  From there I thought I had time before I had to go from south Minneapolis to St. Paul.

There was a Starbucks, right there, right next to the bank.  I could just grab a coffee, sit there and, say, catch up on my receipts.  But did I?  No.  I looked around and saw a Zantigo in a strip mall across the street.  The last time I went to a Zantigo, which was the one very close to my house and several years ago, was a poor experience because I got something with cheese and it was half-baked and given to me in a cup only half-full.  But even though I wasn't hungry, I decided I was hungry, and so I went over there and gave it another chance.  I didn't get the cheese, which I think was part of nachos I bought back then.  I got the manager's special -- a taco, chips and salsa, and a Coke.

I got full after eating all the chips and salsa.  But that didn't stop me from getting a hot dog and another Coke at the match.  Because it's tradition.

And then, by God, I went to Taco Bell after the match to eat those chicken taco roll-up things and another taco (with the Doritos ranch shell).  Why?  My God, I don't know.  Maybe I thought that sitting for two hours outside in fifty-degree whether really pounded the calories out of me, or maybe it was because I still had Coke from Zantigo and wanted something to eat that the Coke would wash down, or maybe I wanted to listen to the Timberwolves game while driving a little more (they lost, by the way -- sucks), or maybe I just didn't want to go home at 9:30.  All I can honestly say is that I didn't have to go because I wasn't that hungry.

I'm feeling it now, as I speak.  But guess what?  I bought some oatmeal.  Helps with digestion and inflammation.  And then I think I'll have some soup for lunch.  Because that cup of Zantigo Coke?  Well, I'm still not done with it.  I left it in the car overnight, and I brought it to work.  I need something else the Coke will wash down.

All this eating -- and the money I'm spending on top of it -- isn't auguring well as I'm supposed to budget and be and adult.  I'm still not good at controlling myself, or adulting.

No comments:

Post a Comment