Monday, November 21, 2016

Human Resources Sending Out A Threat

OK, so I get a letter from the old test scoring place, the one where I had to leave because that girl was suddenly promoted.  Since this is the holiday season -- OK, more like before the holiday season -- I figured that, even despite my heated but productive meeting with the person who hires every year, I had been evaluated as good enough, and that this was the tentative schedule or projects that I could sign up for for next year.  And that was what I expected to do ... except for that one project that forced me to leave.

It was not that type of letter.  Instead, I got a cold boilerplate letter stating that after the evaluations about me were read over, they told me that they discovered that I quit a project before the project was completed.  I was told not to do it again, otherwise I might not be hired back.

On a visceral level I am totally upset by this.  I have a heart-to-heart with my boss about this, and all of a sudden she and/or the company's HR department sends me this letter?  This is a shot across the bow, as far as I'm concerned.  But then I start to get confused.  I have left projects early each of the past two years, I believe, and I have never been sent a letter warning me about skipping out on projects then.  Is it different because the person I spoke with decided my "talk" with her had to be put on my permanent record, as a legal, cover-your-ass type of move?  Or is it because this time the n00b who was given supervisory powers over me just because she got everything right on one simple stupid fucking test was just following the rules like a space cadet?

I'm getting really perturbed how one simple talk has led to a paper trail that could end my career with these guys.  But then I remember that when I decided to write an anonymous evaluation about this girl and then demanded that I talk to someone over how I thought this project, and by extension this company, went sideways on its integrity, I vowed that I didn't care about any consequences I would reap as a result.  I was going to have my say, and what comes would come.  Well, I guess it came.  And while this isn't great, it doesn't look as though I won't be hired by these guys ever again.

Therefore, I expect a list of projects for the next year from these guys, and soon.  And if not. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment