Wednesday, November 23, 2016

In Another Sign I Am One Step Closer To Dying ...

... I am not feeling too well after shoveling snow this morning.  I was kind of surprised at how much snow fell, and even though there were at most a couple inches, and I think the temperature will be warm enough to melt most if not all of the snow today.  But the city snowplow came through to clear the street, therefore a lot of the cruddy, chunky snow had rolled up onto the end of our driveway when I woke up, and I felt like I needed to shovel as much as I could before I had to go to work.

This, unfortunately, is the wet and heavy kind of snow -- stuff that melts if you let it, but if you don't, it's a pain to shovel.  And since this was the first snow of the season, the heaviness and the fact this new shovel I was using slid over the snow surprised me.  It was, to state the obvious, hard.  So hard, in fact, that I think I only cleared, like, a foot's width of snow from the driveway before I had to leave.

During the middle of shoveling I felt my chest beat harder.  That's happened before, many times, especially when shoveling heavy snow.  Also, my left arm started to get all tingly and unsteady -- again, it's happened before.  But it seems to have come a little sooner than it had when I shoveled in the past.  It may be because shoveling was one of the first things I did in the morning -- no warm-up time whatsoever.  Or, I may be feeling all these things because I'm getting old.

As I continue to type this my left shoulder continues to feel oogy, although that might be the result of the mocha I just drank.  A co-worker suggested I drink water; I should do that too.  But in the meantime, if I suddenly stop blogging every day here on Wailing And Failing, you'll know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment