Saturday, November 12, 2016

But I Have My Weekend Free!

So this weekend there is no Vikings game I have to work.  And even though I have to host my alma mater's big game Saturday evening (which convinced me I didn't really have time to go to the X and watch the title games of the Minnesota State Girls' Volleyball Tournament; I did go last year, but that's because that week's game happened on Friday), my weekend was totally free.

I knew the Gopher women's soccer team was going to start their run in the NCAA Tournament hosting N.C. St., and I thought there was a great chance I'd see it.  They'd play it in the day, when it's warm, and not at night, where it's cold -- well, it's not cold now, global warming is seeing to that, but it's just better in the day, right?  Well, like I mentioned in yesterday's Weekly Minnesota Sports Survey, the school decided to play this game Saturday night, right when my alma mater's game is on.  Crap.

Well, at least I would have time to wake up early and go downtown to watch English Premier League games, either on Saturday or Sunday or both days.  But wait ... they're not playing this weekend.  It's an "international" weekend, where I guess countries are playing other countries.  The entire league basically has a bye this week?  This garbage wouldn't fly in America.

So besides hosting the game, I have my entire weekend free, but I have nothing to do.  Guess I'll exercise and/or clean my room or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment