Thursday, November 3, 2016

Addendum To: Why I Am Not Watching This World Series Either

OK, I'm a liar; I did watch Game 7 of the World Series last night.  Actually I listened to it on the radio; for some reason I think Joe Buck coasts on relaying easy information in baseball broadcasts and it's gotten to the point where I want the radio announcer (in this case Dan Shulman of ESPN Radio) to be the only authority to give me the whole picture.  But I had to turn to the TV for the final out of the game.

And what a game it was, I must admit.  I thought Cleveland was done for, especially since their three best pitchers (Corey Kluber, Andrew Miller and Cody Allen) had nothing that game.  But it turns out that with the exception of Jon Lester, neither did the Cubs pitching.  And once Rajai Davis was able to deposit that low-liner into Left Field off of Aroldis Chapman to tie the game up, I gave up on my ennui and started loving baseball again.  At that point the winner deserved to win.  And it was the Cubbies, whose lineup once again flexed its muscle when it mattered the most.

So I know that Cubs fans are going to be as douchey as Red Sox fans now are after they broke their curse and won the World Series in, like, eight decades.  They have shed their "lovable loser" image and turned into what they once despised (and guys like me still despise) just so they can finally say, after 108 years, that they're champions.  Good for them, I guess.

But, I have a lot of friends, real and Facebook, that are Cubbies fans.  That includes at least two Playmates, a College Girl who posed in Playboy, and another hot model babe that I'll never meet.  I am happy for them, even if I'm not completely happy.  So, you know, yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment