Saturday, November 12, 2016

Got Ripped Off Twice

OK, so last Saturday I decided to have lunch.  I didn't really know where I wanted to go, but I was going to go to the library, so I decided to pop into Burger King because I finally wanted to try their Cheetos chicken fries.

So I go in there and I order them, but the girl who was helping me out said the Cheetos chicken fries were discontinued.  But they were up on the menu board.  They were still fucking advertising these fucking things!  So how can they be discontinued!  I wanted to tell her that, and actually I wanted to yell at her like that, but I got so discombobulated that I just left BK muttering to myself.  But I still don't understand: If you don't have the item anymore, why in the hell don't you take it down?  And she was just looking at me like, "Huh?"

Walking to my car in the parking lot I see at Chipotle on the other side.  Well, I might as well, I thought to myself, but hey, at least I can now use the Chipotle frequent-eater's card.  Haven't used it since the summer, so I thought it was time to put some sandwiches on it.

So I order my burrito and I show the cashier my card, and she goes, "Oh, that Chiptopia card?  That was only for the summer."  What the fuck?!  I wouldn't've eaten at Chipotle if that card expired.  And now I have to go through with this because they already made the burrito.  I couldn't just walk up and not pay for a burrito they made ... right?  In that sense Chipotle was worse than Burger King, because at BK I could just leave without losing my money.  I did at Chipotle, though, even though I only rounded up my change as a tip.  And, well, the people at Chipotle were nicer, so there's that.

Today for lunch I made it easier on myself.  I cut out a coupon to Culver's, checked the date to see if it was still good, and went there instead to order a value basket.  No discontinued items or frequent-eater's cards to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment