Sunday, November 13, 2016

I don't really have anything I need to do today.  So, while watching the game last night I got a text from my friend who works in independent, micro-budget movies.  I haven't seen this guy in a while, and he has reached out through social media about finding extras who would be in the movies he's a part of.  Having someone personally text you, however, cuts through the noise of a message intended for a wider audience, many of whom you don't know.

So, what the hell, I say?  After the shit that happened Tuesday, I want to feel better about myself by helping a friend (a friend, by the way, I am certain voted for Trump, and I am going to presume he will do the right thing and shut his mouth about it).  So I text back, "Yeah."

And that's where I made my mistake.  What I texted next was, "Where is it?"  And he said, "Delano."  And I go, "Where is Delano?"  Because, you see, I don't know where Delano is, and if that's the case, that's probably because it's in a part of town I don't usually go -- like out of The Loop.

Which is where it is; I just looked up the address, and my God, it's in the boonies.  (It actually not too far from where my brother, sister-in-law and niece live.)  I'm driving 40 miles each way to be an extra in my friend's movie for free.  I should have asked where it was before I said yes.

Welp, off to gassing up my car and loading up on provisions before my trek to Trumpland Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment