Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Inconvenient

Tuesday: Not working.  Want to go to a movie, but for some reason they stopped opening up in the early morning, such as 11 or noon, and instead has first screening starting at the 1 o'clock hour.  So instead of immediately going from the coffeeshop to a flick, I have a couple hours to kill -- way too much to go to the theater, but not enough to go, say, exercise.  But I do it anyway.


And then I had to worry about which movie to go to.  I initially wanted to go to the sequel to Blade Runner, which was going to start at 2:45, which would give me a little more time to work out, but that means I would come home a bit past 6, which is a little too late to come home for dinner.  So I saw Only The Brave instead.  It's a good movie, at times a great movie, but that started at 1:30, so I really only had about an hour to exercise.


One other downside to the timing of Only The Brave: It let out early, a bit past 4, so I had all this time because I didn't want to get home too early.  I'm working, you know, wink-wink.  So I went to the library.  But not the one closest to me, because the frontage road to get there is still being paved, for some reason.  So I went from Caribou to the gym to the movie to the library to home.  (Plus I went back out to the library to work on a letter for my folks.)  A lot of driving that could have been cut down if I could have done some things at a different time.  Inconvenient.


Wednesday: Not working.  Big thing today is going to my psychotherapist.  Was supposed to see him Monday, but ***a* wanted to reschedule our fucking time, so we did that Monday instead, and I rescheduled this afternoon.  Got work inside the MRI in the morning, but there is a yawning gap between that and my session with my shrink.  So after I get done doing this (hopefully it'll be quick) I'll eat, work out, then see him ... in the same city where I'm typing this.  My gym is 16 miles and 22 minutes away, so I'll be going back and forth when I know I really shouldn't have to do this.


Oh, and I plan on going to the Dylan concert tonight.  Have no idea if I'll get a ticket, or if there will be decent-priced parking in downtown St. Paul.  Inconvenient.


Thursday: Not working.  Parents leave for their trip in the afternoon, but I will tell them I'm working out in the morning.  (I'll be drinking coffee instead.)


The problem comes in the afternoon.  I take them to the airport at 1.  I thought about going to My Favorite Stripclub (Cover Edition) to see my All-Time Favorite for the first time in years -- she works part-time and the early shift nowadays but they open at 3:30, and these are strippers, so they might not be at work right at 3:30.  I could also hit Hooters at the Mall Of America, but only for their Happy Hour, which is from 4 to 6.  On top of that, Ramsey Lewis is playing in downtown Minneapolis in the evening, either at 7 or at 9.  But I have at least two hours, if not three, in the afternoon to kill.  But I have all this shit I could do at night and I don't know how to arrange it.  Now, if my ATF isn't working that alleviates a lot, but that still means I have nothing to do in the afternoon.


(sigh) Inconvenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment