Friday, October 6, 2017

Free From The Tomatoes And The Eggs

I don't know if this was planned or if this was unplanned, but for the past, uh, three days or so I have not eaten any tomatoes or eggs.  A lot of things have shaped an environment that differed than the one that led me to eat tomatoes and eggs constantly.  I lost my old job Monday, so there was no occasion for me to make a salad (with tomatoes) for lunch.  And I was going to see a movie Tuesday, going to the Lynx game Wednesday, going to see a play with a friend last night, and will go to a soccer game tonight (though I might not because it's going to rain), I have had no time to eat an egg sandwich.

Honestly, it's been freeing.  It feels as though I no longer have to eat the same damn thing every day.  It's also liberating not to worry that I'm eating rotten tomatoes or spoiled eggs.  Of course, that doesn't stop the fact that there are tomatoes and eggs in the fridge and that they may still be good if only I got around to eating them.  But I have to tell ya, out of sight, out of mind is an adage that really works.

I'll get back to eating them this weekend, or whenever I run out of money eating out.

No comments:

Post a Comment