Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Two Things About Re-Starting My Job Tomorrow

  1. Asked on Facebook whether my friend, who I met through this job two years ago and worked with again last year, will be there this year.  He said he wasn't because he found other work.  That's too bad -- not just because I will miss his friendship and familiarity, but also because he predated me at that place by a year, and he knows things about this job that I don't.  I now will have to learn those things.  Plus I'll have to work with, and probably help break in, some other person whom I'll work beside.  What if that person is a pill?  What if I hate this person?
  2. I asked my contact at the temp agency if my duties there are the same as the previous two years, just to be sure.  She said it was.  But I have always had a nagging suspicion that there are fewer and fewer things that I have had to help these guys with.  I mean, I love the down time there, but I have received indications that my bosses know that we have had a lot of down time.  Whether or not they're OK with me/us working "on call," as it were, is something I always worry about.  In the meantime, with Donald Trump fucking things over (intentionally) with Obamacare, I have a feeling there will be a lot of people being hired to field phone calls from worried and pissed-off people.  That's kind of why I asked if I will be doing the same thing as last year: Will they ask me to do call center shit instead?  If not, well ... I'll have to walk out of there and never come back.
Too much anxiety for a place I love and have loved each of the past two seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment