Thursday, October 12, 2017

Low Cholesterol? High? Really?

In my unexpected four-day furlough last week I was able to fit in my annual check-up.  Went to Uptown because my doctor moved and I wanted to move with him.  He offered a blood panel, where I get pricked and my blood sample gets tested for everything.  He thought it could wait till next year, but I thought, what the heck, let's do it now.

Got my results back.  Everything was normal ... except LDL, my bad cholesterol.  It was high.  This may have been the first time I have ever been high for something like that.

And that's when my mortality sort of hit me.  I'm not the young person I imagine myself to be anymore, running around everywhere, metabolism off the charts, able to eat everything and still see my ribs when I suck my breath in.  I now have to watch what I eat and shit like that.

Well, maybe I'll watch it tomorrow.  I went to a United season-ticketholder dinner and I was offered seconds.  And right now I'm at Caffetto eating a slice limoncello marscapone cake and a coffee.  Yeah, this isn't good for my LDL.

(shakes head)

No comments:

Post a Comment