Saturday, October 7, 2017

No, I'm Not Losing Weight

I have frequently complained here that all I do is gain weight because my parents make me eat food I shouldn't eat and buy food I feel I'm forced to eat.  With them gone, I don't feel that pressure, and so I can let myself, uh, not eat and the pounds will just melt away.

Nope, didn't happen.  I weighed myself when I was eating salad during the day and a sandwich at night, but I weighed the same as I probably had just before my parents left, if not more.  Probably a lot of reasons why.  My metabolism might be slowing to a crawl.  I am drinking a lot of pop, and I can feel the sugar generating new fat in my stomach and waistline.  But I have to admit that being freed from having to eat stuff allows me to eat stuff of my own volition.  I am not controlling what I eat or how much I eat.  I eat out more, a hell of a lot more, and that's replacing (in food portion if not in nutrition) what I would have eaten if my folks were cooking dinner.  Like I said, I might actually be gaining weight, which would be an utter failure on my part.

Hey, maybe I might lose the weight I have been gaining when my parents come home and I can eat dinner at home again?

No comments:

Post a Comment