Saturday, October 14, 2017

My parents arrive home in less than a week, and amongst all the other things I haven't had time to do in the six weeks they've been gone, I haven't gone through as many papers as I wanted to.

I brought home about three bags of shit from storage.  Those three are the ones closest to the front of my storage unit.  That's important because, apparently, the door to my unit does not completely protect from rain; storms have brought water into the unit, and I guess it seeped into the bags that I took home six weeks ago.  It was hard not to notice that everything in those bags have been warped and rotted by the moisture and snow.  One bag was so bad that it ripped apart as soon as I brought it home.

Everything in them is at least partially ruined; that includes EWs, sport programs, and old magazines.  That has given me enough of a push to read through and throw away much of the ruined contents, especially my copies of City Pages and ESPN The Magazine.  But there are a lot of papers left to go through, and I won't have time to go through them all before my folks return.  So, off they go back into storage.

I am sort of happy that I went through as much as I have.  I just wish my parents aren't coming back so I can finally concentrate on reading and then tossing them.  Maybe they'll go back to Vegas soon, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment