Thursday, November 8, 2018

My Reservoir Of Snot

So as of this afternoon the amoxicilin/potassium clavunalate is gone.  So, I'm assuming my sinus infection is completely done with, and yet I still feel quite miserable.

I'm waking up in the middle of the night coughing like the dickens.  That's because my body believes there's so much mucus building up that if I don't cough, I'll suffocate.  Well, where does that mucus come from?  Since my birth, I've been a snot factory.  No two ways about it.

But I'll just throw this out there.  Once, long ago, my dentist at the time took x-rays of not only my teeth but the surrounding area.  And, assuming I'm not mis-remembering this, he noticed a mass right around one of my nostrils -- probably my left one, because that's the one that usually produces the most snot.  If I recall correctly, he said that that mass is producing mucus/snot ... and that it can be removed.  If that's correct, and if I get this procedure, does this mean that I won't produce any more snot?  At the very least will I finally be rid of episodes like this, where I'm literally choking myself awake?

It seems so far-fetched that if I tell my doctor, I'm afraid he'll laugh me out of the room.  But geez, I generate so much of this crap that there has to be some reservoir of snot that is producing this mucus like it's wartime.  Maybe I should look into this.

No comments:

Post a Comment