Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Are You Telling Me What To Do???

So I park farther away from my department than most people -- that is, there are other doors closer to where I work in the building, but I eschew that because ... well, OK, brace yourself: From where I park, if the sun is shining, it doesn't stream in through the passenger side, which is where I sit to take a nap.  But if I parked closer, I would be parked on the other side of the building, and that would mean my car is parked the exact opposite way, which means that the sun would be beating down my face and therefore I wouldn't be able to sleep because the sun would burn my face.  (This is all excepting that there was no sun today.  Also, I wasn't able to sleep.  But whatever.)

I am coming in through the long way.  There is a long hallway I traverse to reach my department.  Today, I had the bad timing of seeing one of my supervisors walk in ahead of me.  No big deal -- at first.  But then she points down one of the other front doors which I did not come through and says, "Don't forget to punch in."

As you could fathom, for shift workers like me, there are time clocks near every front door.  "I already clocked in."

"You did?"

"Yeah.  At the back (pointing to the back, to be helpful)."

"Oh.  You should clock in here."

"Here."

"Yeah."

EXCUSE ME?!?!?!  I NOW HAVE A SPECIFIC PLACE I NEED TO PUNCH IN?!?!?!  WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!  WHAT GODDAMN DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?!?!?!  I'LL PUNCH IN WHEREVER THE HELL I WANT TO, OKAY?!?!?!  I'M ALREADY WAKING UP AT 5:30 IN THE FUCKING MORNING, AND NOW I HAVE A FRONT DOOR I NEED TO GO THROUGH TO MAKE YOU HAPPY?!?!?!

(sigh)

So I did, and I'll do it until I move back to my new department.  But if overbearing nagging such as this is commonplace at this job ... fuck it, I need to find another job.

No comments:

Post a Comment