Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Back To The Frustration

OK, so because of Thanksgiving, or at least so I think, my continued training in this new department is suspended for this week.  Back to the old department I go, but I was kind of told in the morning that all I was doing was data entry.  If that is all I'm doing for the week, phew!  Smooth sailing for me.

Well, I had one other job.  Without boring you with details, I have to do this file of really finicky, uh, papers.  And even though I had written down the process before, I'll be damned if I didn't know what to do, so much so that I stayed over my shift.  I'm so flummoxed that I really can't tell you how I screwed it up.  All I can say is that I thought one thing was happening, but then another issue popped up, and I thought another issue popped up, but it didn't, but I had already made a mistake in thinking that second issue popped up, and then I'm racing to get to the movie theater on time to see Widows (good movie, by the way, but a too-big one ... I'll give it a B).

Let me also say that my intense frustration over trying to deal with this file stems from the fact that I zig when the circumstances involved with these files zag, and those circumstances seem to change every time I do them.  Sometimes I blow through the papers, only to realize that I had missed a step (or two), and so I have to waste time undoing things in order to make things right.  And sometimes I am too careful, taking these half-steps when I know one of the others is going to tell me to just get on with it, and so I have wasted time doing things I shouldn't be doing.

So I'm flailing, just like I did this afternoon.  And unfortunately (or fortunately -- hey, maybe I should see this as a growth opportunity!), I think I will be entrusted to do this for the rest of the week.  I either sink or swim, it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment