Thursday, November 15, 2018

So That's The Way It's Gonna Be, Boss?

So today, near the end of work, I spoke to my boss, who was moving boxes, about where I was supposed to be tomorrow.  I am training right now, but last Friday I had to go back to my original department because the guy who was training me had last Friday off.  I did not know that, so I was at the new department before my boss replied to my e-mail and said to go back.

That was the scenario I wanted to avoid when I spoke to him today.  But he seemed surprised by me asking.  "So, he will not be working tomorrow?" he said.  "No, he will be working," to which he replied, "Well, yeah," but he may as well have been saying, "No shit -- why the hell are you telling me this?"  Sorry, I just wanted to avoid a repeat of last week, you know?  Besides, you didn't know if he was going to be working tomorrow, right?

Later, he came back to my department and told me I made a mistake -- something about imaging forms to the wrong category.  I did my best to make up for my mistake, especially by finding the forms so I can scan them to the right category.  But when I said, "Sorry," he didn't acknowledge me -- he just started talking to someone else.  Hey, dude, I'm trying to apologize to you.  Do you give a shit?

Not impressed by him, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment