Saturday, November 17, 2018

Now This Shit With The Storage Company Is Getting Shady

Thursday, I went to the storage company (after dumping leaves at the county compost site) to figure out just why in the hell I got a bill from them for late fees.  I was waiting on a car lined up at the keypad that opens the gate.  They were there for a few minutes before they backed down and drove away, and all that time I was thinking these guys must have a screw loose if they are deciding whether or not they want to go through.

So I go up to the keypad to punch in my code ... and I get a warning saying "Access denied ... suspension," or something.  Had my access to my stuff in there been taken from me because of this phantom late fee?  But then I peered inside past the iron-wrought gates, just like the male driver before me.  (After getting my code rejected, I now understand why he was dawdling around and not moving his car.)  Even though the owners of this self-storage place have regular hours, and on Thursdays that means they're open until 6 p.m., there was no light inside the front office.  So there was nothing else I could do idling there.  I went home.

This is getting to be strange.  First of all, when I was moving my stuff from one unit to another back around Easter, these owners (they're husband and wife) were very nice and didn't seem to fit a shyster profile.  Then we don't see each other for a while.  Then, I get hit with a late fee bill, and then a few days later no one seems to have access to the insides of that compound, plus the owners of said compound are nowhere to be found.  Are they on the lam?  Do they somehow need to protect themselves from someone?  Or are they somehow in debt to the self-storage space they run and just fuckin' bailed on their responsibility.?  Whatever the reason, this shit is getting weird.  And all I want to know is whether I can go back to being paid in full, then getting March 2019 free because of my earlier dealings with birds hitting U.S Bank Stadium.  (ETA later on November 19 on 7:43 p.m. because I don't know what the hell that phrase was.  I mean, "birds hitting U.S. Bank Stadium."?  I've got to be honest with you: When I blog posted this, I was just about asleep.  I mean, my mind was fucking gone.  [Oh, and I replaced a period with a question mark at the end of one sentence above.]  So, I guess I wanted to say, "those guys promised me that when they made me move my crap.  There, fixed!)  Otherwise, my crap is beyond my reach and now goddamn lawyers might have to sue in order for me to rescue my bags.

Just what in the hell is going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment