Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Finally Getting Done Eating My Halloween Candy!

Want to note that today, Wednesday, November 28, will be my last day eating Halloween candy.

I have trouble with candy.  Not in terms of eating it; I used to be a candy fiend, but not anymore.  And that was the problem: I would get candy when I don't want to eat it and, sometimes, when it's not the type of candy I want.  And so it accumulates.  Shoot, I have some at work right now, and I don't know if I'll get around to it.

And so when my workplace had that big to-do over Halloween, I kind of freaked.  What the hell am I going to do all this candy?  There was candy I hate, and even with the candy I love, I'll be pressured into eating them when I don't want to!  Argh!

But then I Googled "donating Halloween candy" (or something like that) because I remembered that some people take candy.  I was going to go to a dental office, but they were offering a gift that, frankly, I didn't want.  But then I saw that Goodwill was accepting donated candy.  Phew!  I gathered up all the candy I hated, and some of the chocolate (Twix, 3 Musketeers, Snickers, Milky Way -- you know) I loved but didn't want to be weighed down with, and drove over there to drop it off.

That left me with a manageable amount of chocolate (and one pouch of fruit), plus some of the Halloween-themed Hershey's Kisses I bought for work.  I get high on my own supply.  At some point, I decided I was going to bring a couple pieces of candy to nibble on at work.  I've done that -- taking two pieces of candy with me -- most days until today, where I have three final pieces, one each of the three different wrappings of those Hershey's Kisses, to bring with me and snack on at work later today.  And then I will be done with the Halloween candy, 28 days after getting them.  Relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment