Wednesday, August 4, 2021

I Pissed Money Away On Yet Another Loons Ticket

I have so royally frittered away money in deciding which MNUFC Matches I go to, it's not even funny.

I originally bought two tickets for the season after opting out and getting all the money I had paid into the 2020 season as a credit.  The first Game, against San Jose, I decided not to go to because of the soccer tournaments I wanted to watch instead, and I eventually sold that ticket on a loss.  Because of that and because I don't know if I can get to any other Matches, I decided that for the other Game for which I bought a ticket, this Saturday's vs. Houston, I was going to sell the cheaper, upper-deck ticket I originally bought for a more expensive one on the other side of the stadium because 1) I want to know what it's like to be rich and 2) I wanted to be shielded from the rays of the sun that will be beating that side of the stadium that evening.

Once again, it was not a seller's market when it comes to scalping tickets online.  Like I did with the Earthquakes ticket, I originally set the price so that if someone bought, I would recoup the money I paid for the other ticket I bought.  Of course, that didn't sell.  And this time, unlike the first ticket, I quickly moved to cut the price to clearance levels.  The guy who bought it probably got The Deal Of A Lifetime.  You're welcome.  But I priced that ticket to move because wanted to get out of the decision/mistake I made.

I took a $40 bath for the San Jose ticket.  I don't even want to know how much money I pissed away for switching the Dynamo ticket.  Maybe I'll revisit it and tell you guys later, to put into a dollar amount how stupid I am for changing my mind like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment