Sunday, August 15, 2021

Addendum To: The Cost Of My MNUFC Switcheroos

Oh yeah, and about the Match I went to ...

I don't take back what I said about the perspective of my seat, or the atmosphere I have missed so much.  The former was fantastic (and makes me sad that I can't afford such a seat -- and that brings me to my aside: I sat next to the two people who sold the ticket.  They're in a group of three, and their third member couldn't make it that night.  They have to pay $80 a month for those seats.  I don't know if I want to do that) and the latter lifts my heart.

However ... I bought this "second" seat because I was scared as hell that my "first" seat was going to roast me in the summer sun, and I wanted at least one seat in the shaded, "rich" side, just to see how The Other Half lives.  Well, it turns out it was mostly cloudy that day.  There was a chance of rain, in fact, but the temperature was low enough whereby the humidity from the soupy air wasn't making me perspire.  In other words, I would have been OK with just keeping my "first" seat.  Possibly better; I would have been farther away, but I would have been lined up directly at the Halfline, and I would have a bird's-eye view of the entire pitch.  And, of course, I wouldn't have thrown away (if I'm doing the math right according to the costs I listed in my previous blog post) $59 for buying and then selling it.

I hate when I guess wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment