Sunday, August 29, 2021

New Work, So That's Always Scary

So I have a new assignment working the Gophers' Game Thursday.  I am ... more nervous than excited.  Excited because I am taking the entire Week off to work it -- there's nothing on Friday, but I decided I didn't want to go back to work for just one day -- something I last did for the Final Four.  Nervous, however, because I have not worked in such a capacity for college football.  Also, I looked through the book, and I don't recognize anybody from the Vikings side.  I hope they're good people.  But I e-mailed the guy who created the book and I haven't heard back from him yet.  Not a good sign.

The other thing about this assignment is because I am running, I have some really long hours.  I have worked these hours coming into work early for overtime, and there is presumably going to be a lot of downtime.  But I'll be there upwards of 12 hours, and there's no telling what could happen, in terms of run-ins with the people I'll have to work for or my energy level.

If nothing bad happens, this could open up more work for me.  I'd have to balance that with the Vikings stuff, I'm sure, but that might -- should -- be a good problem to have.  Of course, I need to get through the week without incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment