Monday, August 9, 2021

Two Days A Week ... ?

With getting vaccinated, hopefully putting the pandemic behind me (we shall see), and no longer having a night test scoring job, I have finally started going back to the community center to work out.  Pair that with attending house parties again, and it almost feels like my evenings are just as busy as they were before the pandemic.

Maybe that's not good.  One of the better things to come out of the pandemic is a universal slowing down because I had nothing to do once I got home from work.  Lassitude settled in, and I got out of shape -- that's why it's important for me to exercise again.  But I did a lot of running around back before the 'Rona hit.  That was a lot of money that burned through my wallet.  Lot of mileage on my car, too.  Finally, as much as naps eff up my sleep routine, being able to catch up on rest does wonders for my body.  Maybe I've become a homebody in the past 17 months, and that possibly is for the better.

But all work and no play make U-Dub (that's me) a dull boy.  Therefore, I endeavor to strike a balance and go out two days per workweek.  That way I can work out (which I want to do at least one evening during the week, then add a second day during the weekend once the gym opens back up seven days a week), hang out with my wang out (possibly; otherwise I'll, like, eat at one of the places that host our Game-watching parties), and still be able to relax and catch up on my sleep.  Last week I exercised on Tuesday (when I wanted to do so on Monday but had a very long nap), then went out to a stripper party on Friday.  This week I want to work out today/Monday and either go to My Favorite Stripclub (Cover Division) or ... uh, do something else because I work late into the afternoon on Friday, and it doesn't make sense for me to come home to eat when my parents have already cleaned up the dining table.

I need to start placing other things I plan to do over the rest of the month.  A friend and I are going to a St. Paul Saints Game next week.  I need to reconnect and meet up with another friend.  I need to go to the strip club all the strippers went to after My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition) closed.  State Fair's coming up.  And bridging the end of the month and the beginning of next month, I snagged a job working a Golden Gophers football Game.

I'll be busy, for both business and pleasure.  Just like before.  But I don't want to forsake the happiness of home, and of not doing anything, which is something I realized was worth cherishing over the past year-plus.  And so I hope I can do, and maintain, both.

No comments:

Post a Comment