Sunday, August 29, 2021

No Burger For Me

After having a hell of a full meal for dinner tonight, I decided I wanted -- well, needed -- to exercise.  But first, a burger from Bebe Zito.  Yes, a burger after this full meal for dinner.  I am a hypocrite.

The exit from 694W to 94E was closed.  I had to stop before I realized that there was a truck there.  Well, I didn't hear about any road construction there.  Whatever; I'll take a detour -- the next exit, then I'll come back on 694, and I'll reach 94E that way.

I do that and then I see something I've never seen before: A huge stretch of cars on the right lane, and no cars in the other lanes.  As I crept up, however, I saw there was a mess of cars on those lanes further up the highway.  Fuck me.  That truck was keeping more cars from piling onto 94E.  But I got on there anyway, and I got stuck as fuck for about half an hour.

I didn't want to use my data -- I don't think I have enough to last me the next eight days or so -- but I had to find out just what the hell happened.  Well, a shooting happened.  Someone got shot around the Dowling exit, so as police were investigating the crime scene, all traffic was diverted to the exit north of Dowling.  Of course The Fates conspired to deny me a burger.

I finally turned around and, in defeat, I went to exercise.  But not before getting ice cream from Culver's.  Because I went through a lot tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment