Saturday, August 7, 2021

The alumni event is in the afternoon and I am nervous as hell.  I usually am nervous, but the damn alumni association Thursday dropped on my proverbial lap a set of COVID-19 screening questions I'm supposed to ask the other volunteers, after which I have them initial on a check-in sheet which I have to scan and send back to them.  Contract tracing purposes, which I understand, even though I am still at loggerheads with them over, well, destroying the club I presided over.  But I'm not sure whether to hue to these questions strictly and risk coming off as a tyrant whose events won't ever be attended by these people again, or just ignore them and risk getting in trouble in case an outbreak occurs.  Too much pressure for an organizer.  A president of an alumni chapter, no.  But like I said, I am not president of an alumni chapter anymore.

And after that I'm supposed to go to the United Match in the evening.  I know that's supposed to be fun, but with all the stress and anxiety I'm already feeling over the event, it sounds like a lot.  And it'll be as humid as all get out, too, so that won't be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment