Thursday, August 5, 2021

Too Many Volunteers

I have a big ex-alumni chapter event coming up Saturday.  I didn't think many people would reserve and show up.  But now, sadly, there are so many people that I don't know if I can fit them all in.  I actually cut by 40% the number of spots I reserved, and now I wish I could have those back.  And I don't know if they can all show up and squeeze in because of COVID-19 restrictions.

I really, really don't want to disappoint anyone.  But if I must, I will sacrifice my own spot so the rest can volunteer.  Well, maybe that's a dumb idea.  Who knows if I can come up with a better one.

I was told up to, like, a week before deadline that there were, like, eight people who were going to show up.  Well, maybe there was a raft of late registrations, plus there are a couple people who bypassed the normal registration process and just asked me if they could show up.  Yep, maybe this is my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment