Saturday, July 3, 2021

Addendum To: This Weekend's Soccer Dilemma

So I sold the ticket.  I delisted it yesterday morning, thinking it was of no use.  But then, while I was at a bar watching the Spain-Switzerland EURO Quarterfinal, my brother texted that his whole family (well, maybe not my sister-in-law) is dropping by this/Saturday afternoon.  Thanks for the head's-up, bro.  Again, the Match is at 7 (at least for now; I have this suspicion that isn't going away that temperatures might be hot enough for Match officials and both teams to delay kickoff so they can start at a more manageable temperature), but I had initial plans to get to the area by 5.  I don't remember my niece and bro ever staying that late, but if they are, that would make an awkward situation where I would have to leave because "I'm meeting my friend to see the Loons Game."  And I've been thinking lately how seldom I see my niece, and maybe I should rectify that.

So, after I got home from watching that Game, I put the ticket back up for sale, and I cut the asking price down even further.  Then, I went to bed, got up, and went to work.  And it was there that I checked my e-mail and saw that I finally sold it.  In fact, it got bought a mere 19 minutes after I put it back up for sale.  Now it sells like hotcakes?!  Was it the price?  It must've been the price: After fees and SeatGeek's cut, I got back less than half what I paid for it.

And you know what?  I already feel guilty about selling it.  I pissed away more than forty bucks because of this decision.  And for all I know, I would've been fine going out to the Match, watching MNUFC win, singing "Wonderwall," and enjoying watching the Game from an upgraded seat, damn the heat.  Hell, there's a chance my brother and niece would be way gone before I needed to go.  Shit, they might not even come over!  And why should I be afraid of going out on a Saturday night?!  I'm a man, and I'm fully vaccinated!!  What the fuck do I have to be afraid of??  Bring it on, coppa!!!

Or ... maybe it's best that I stay home, beat the heat with air conditioning, listen to some soccer and enjoy some family time, especially with my lovable niece.  And I won't mind that I blew more than forty fucking dollars because of a stupid decision.  Nah, I probably will.  Nah, fuck it -- I probably won't know how I feel about this until it happens, and maybe not even then.


No comments:

Post a Comment