Monday, July 26, 2021

Oh Yeah -- It's Been More Than One Week Since Brushing My Teeth

Got my teeth cleaned today.  First time since, I believe, last Sunday, the last time I had also showered until this past Sunday.

Now why wouldn't I do such a fundamental, rudimentary chore?  I never grew up brushing my teeth on a regular basis.  Just didn't.  And as for this past week, well, I've been working day and evening, plus on three mornings I woke up early to get in some overtime, and you know, with those hours, I can't spend two minutes brushing my teeth, you know?

This break in brushings dawned on me last night while I was going to bed.  I thought maybe I should brush my teeth to make myself look good for the dentist who'll be taking care of me in the morning.  But then I thought, well, if she or he is going to do all the work anyway ... why should I clean my teeth at all?  And so I didn't, and while I got admonished by her, there were no cavities that have erupted in the two years since I got my teeth checked.  Two years of no maintenance and a week-plus with no brushing, and I have no new cavities?  Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment