Saturday, July 17, 2021

Closed And Closed

Had yesterday off.  Wanted to make yesterday my monthly fuck of ****e, but she is not returning texts right now.  I then pivoted to *****a, but she didn't come back from her vacation till the evening.

So, when the alarm woke me up at 10 (I went to sleep around 1:40, and I'm sure I would have slept later than 10 if not for the alarm clock ... which means that I needed sleep bad, and I got it), I had the whole day to myself.  I decided going into yesterday that I was going to eat at Boomin' BBQ, a food truck parked next to a craft brewery store and that I was finally going to tackle the receipts in my pants.  But I decided it was finally time to exercise.  And since I was going to be up in Brooklyn Park, I was going to both get tested for COVID-19 and see if ******a is still around and, maybe, give me a massage.

It's been months since I got tested for the virus.  I was fully vaccinated as of mid-May, so why would I need to?  Well, all this talk about fully-vaccinated folks getting infected and sick has freaked me the hell out.  (I'll be honest: I really thought the vaccine was going to stop infection.  Getting sick from COVID-19 after vaccination, even if the symptoms are manageable enough where you just stay in bed, seems like a raw deal to me.)  It may not alter my behavior, but what if I do have COVID?  I may not feel it, but if I do have a positive, it'll make me at least think twice about going out in public.  Besides, I kind of, well, missed getting a test.

So I went up to the abandoned market that serves as the testing site.  But when I got there, the place was padded up.  I thought I saw on the news that many other sites were closing up, but not this one.  Maybe this was an abrupt change?  But I just checked the state COVID-19 website.  They have shortened their hours.  They now open, all seven days, at 11 in the morning.  I got there about a half-hour before then.

Seeing as now they in all likelihood are open kind of blows up the tie-in theme to this blog post, but I'll push forward with it anyway.

My next destination was ******a's place, which was five minutes away.  She had been going through some things the last time I saw her, but I was hoping she would either text me back or return my calls since our last conversation.  Instead, she's been a ghost.  And I wonder if she is ghosting me.

So, I drove to her apartment complex.  Well, more like drove past.  I wasn't going to knock on her door.  I was just going to see if I caught her somehow out of her apartment.  She does chores sometimes.  Sometimes, she's sunning herself -- she's a sun worshipper.  But when I drove past, I didn't not see her.  All I saw was her outside windows completely shuddered, and with a combination of cloth curtains and papers pushed up against the windows mish-mash style.  I couldn't help but notice all the other exterior windows; they all had vertical blinds.  ******a doesn't.  It's a sign of someone who, well, either doesn't see the use in spending money on blinds or is hurting in some way.  In fact, I wonder if she has just walled herself in from the outside world, and isn't coming out until ... well, I don't know what will finally get her outside.  Honestly, I'm kind of scared as to what her current mental state is.

No comments:

Post a Comment