Friday, July 23, 2021

But Am I Doing My Job, Really?

So, after some further consideration and some, uh, "encouragement" from my supervisor, I finally decided to kick things up a notch and score papers faster.  I still am nowhere near 100 essays a night, but I was close, and I think my production, even this late, will be noticed in a positive way with the higher-ups.

But I will be honest: I do not like how fast I am scoring.  Yes, I am usually the slowest test scorer in this project.  But like I said, I owe the students writing these essays some time to look, really look, and make sure I do all I can to understand what he or she is saying.  I have not done that much this week, and it's because I made the decision to not be considerate of these kids and instead go faster just so the people who will recommend me for future projects in future years will be happy (maybe; once again, I have fallen short of the goal).

And I don't like it.  People might say I'm doing my job now.  I argue that I was doing my job when I was taking my time and being more deliberate.  But hey, I'm a slave to the dollar.  They want fast, they'll get ... uh, faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment