Tuesday, July 13, 2021

People Who Should Be Fired: That Either Stupid Or Trifling Bitch At Sonic

After the EURO Final Sunday I wanted to eat before going home.  I drove to Sonic because I liked the drive-thru aspect of it that day, but I don't have the app and therefore I couldn't get points for my visit.  I brought up Dairy Queen's app, but their deals didn't appeal to me.  So I stayed.

Big mistake.

This was a cash day, because when I went to Part Wolf for the soccer Match I was afraid the new owners kept their policy of charging extra for purchases with a credit card from the old owners, when the place was called the Nomad.  No matter; I needed to use cash anyway.  So I got a double cheeseburger and a dessert, and it was, like, $11 something.  I had an extra dollar and I really could have used a ten, so I gave the carhop $21 and change, expecting ten bucks back.

She later comes out with my food ... and nine bucks back.  Now I already got upcharged at Part Wolf; the Fair State I bought should have been four bucks but it was much larger than that.  I need my soccer pubs, however, and so I crammed my misgivings down because I need to keep going to this place.  But Sonic?  There isn't another one close by, but dammit, I was owed another buck.

So I hit the red button and called her back.  And I don't want to get into it because the conversation was stupid.  But she kept insisting that she gave back the extra dollar I gave her in order to get back a single $10 in change.  DO.  NOT.  GASLIGHT ME.

But you should have seen this girl's (and I mean girl's) attitude.  She basically threw a temper tantrum, with all those tsks and, "I keep telling you I gave back your dollar!"  This wasn't a worker trying to resolve a dispute with a customer; this was a brat getting into a fight with her sibling over who gets to use the family desktop.  And I don't want to be a Karen when it comes to complaining about customer service that falls well below what it should be but ... SHIT MAN, SHE RIPPED ME OFF AND NOW SHE'S SAYING SHE DIDN'T AND SHE'S YELLING AT ME!  WHAT THE HELL ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?

If I were less tired and, frankly, more sober I might have let this go as well.  But I was tired and was not that sober, so I decided to be a brat about this too to stand up for myself.  Finally, the carhop said, "Am I not going to argue this with you!" and she said it in a way where she was trying to assert control of the conversation when, I think deep down, she started believing that she didn't give the dollar back.  My fucking God.  She reached into her billfold, handed me my rightful tenth buck in change.  I grumble an "Eh," and got the hell out of there.  I have no idea what she could have pulled if I stayed there and ate.  She could have asked one of her goon co-workers to beat my ass.  So I got the fuck outta there with the quickness.  I ate those things at the parking lot of the Target.  Glamorous, huh?  Well, at least it was safer.

It's more likely than not that she flat-out forgot I gave her $21+ and then insisted she gave me the correct change because she thought she did.  The possibility that she sized me up as some pushover from whom she could graft an extra buck for her measly pocketbook pisses me off to no end.  Regardless, I got my correct change.  Unfortunately, I can't go back to that Sonic, like, ever again.  Well, at least not until she's fired.  Fuckin' A. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment