Monday, July 5, 2021

At Least I Have Something "Fun" To Eat At Work Tomorrow

So I was deciding whether or not to go out to see the Brazil-Peru Copa America Semifinal Match.  I didn't know where exactly to go -- Part Wolf?  El Taco Riendo?  The Black Hart?  La Dona? -- plus it was really hot out, and I had just showered this afternoon after getting my hair cut.  The deciding factor was my decision, made some time ago, that I was going to buy a sandwich to bring with me to work for second shift Filing tomorrow/Tuesday night.

I still had some inveighing about where to go.  The Black Hart, I saw, had a trivia night that might take precedent over the soccer Game.  La Dona is apparently closed on Mondays.  And I had a huge steak for dinner that I barely was able to finish, so feeling like I need to buy more stuff to eat to watch a Game at El Taco Riendo wasn't appealing to me.  So Part Wolf it was -- and thank goodness they were open, and that there wasn't a concert there.  I wish the sound was on, but I was the only non-regular customer there, so I did not think I could ask.

After the Match (Brazil won, 1-0), I did get that sub, from Subway.  I thought I could use a deal where if I get a footlong melt (I would eat half of it there -- a sure sign the pandemic's over, at least to me, is eating inside a fast food restaurant) I could get free chips.  And then I saw, at least I think I saw, that that deal was online only.  That means I had to pay with a credit card, and I decided when I got my hair cut that today would be a cash only day.  I'm not going to get too upset with a decision I made in the afternoon messing up my plans in the evening because I didn't know if I was even going to go out in the evening.

Anyway, I got a six-inch sub from Subway -- cold cut combo, the cheapest one, I think.  That was my objective for some time, like I said, so going through with that plan, even though it didn't exactly go the way I envisioned it, was, in the end, worth it.  I guess I could have stayed home and watched, and listened, to the Game on Univision.  But I wouldn't have had anything "fun" to eat at work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment