Thursday, July 29, 2021

You Fuckin' Disappoint Me, St. Louis

Yesterday I saw video of your County Council voting 5-2 to ban a mask mandate for St. Louis County.  What disappointed me more than your decision was who I saw in that video: A bunch of rabid, angry (and, by the way, White) people, all of them obviously anti-maskers (and thus anti-vaxxers, MAGAts, pro-insurrectionists and, of course, Republican Trump cocksuckers), one of whom carried a sign that says "Wearing A Mask DOES NOT WORK!" (that is a lie; science has proven that it does).  And once the gavel came down sealing the council's decision, they all rose up and cheered as if they just overthrew the government.

I know that there are many anti-masker, anti-vaxxer, anti-intelligence assholes in every community in the country, including mine.  But seeing such a large, loud and lusty contingent of anti-science pricks applauding turning away from good sense and community spirit bothers the hell out of me.  And it breaks my heart that this happened in St. Louis, a city I have visited almost a dozen times because I love it (especially the strip clubs), but right now is bordering some of the counties hardest-hit by the Delta Variant of COVID-19.  It is maskholes like those fucking people in that video that are forcing all of us to wear masks indoors again -- which prompts you people to come out and bitch about "MY RIGHTS!!!"  Well, it's my right to feel safe from coronavirus-breathing motherfuckers like you.  And even if I have been vaccinated, the acceleration of spread of the disease makes me afraid that it's found enough Republican hosts to mutate into a new variant that'll beat the vaccine that's in my body.

I had planned on going to you, St. Louis, in the fall.  It's been a while since I've been to my favorite titty bar down there, and I still need to see if *****n is still working there.  But -- well, this ain't your fault, but first Southwest changed my itinerary from nonstop to one-stop flights there and back, and for a city so close to me, I don't think I should be taking a stopped flight to you.  But that bad omen was just followed up by that shitshow of a county council meeting featuring The World's Ugliest Peanut Gallery.  Frankly, I don't want to go to a place that insults and virtually gives scientists and people who want to take care of you the middle finger.

So, assuming I have time and assuming I remember, tomorrow I'm going to cancel my flight to you, Loo, and head somewhere else, somewhere else where they understand how dangerous the spread of this virus is and will listen to experts trying to end this pandemic.  And, hopefully, won't have a gaggle of id-driven pricks clapping like dumb fuckin' seals when the shitgibbons elected to positions of power point their community directly at the Sun and put their feet down on the accelerator because FREEEEEDUMMMMMMMMB!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment