Sunday, July 18, 2021

More Back To Normal

Friday, without having no one to fuck or get a handjob or massage from, I kind of was at a loss as to what to do.  I decided that I was going to try a Jucy Lucy from a food truck in Nordeast called Boomin' BBQ (and, by the way -- sensational burger), but what else?  That's when I came to the conclusion that it was about time to finally put on my gym clothes, go to the community center, and exercise.  I am way out of shape, and a weekday afternoon is the perfect time to sort out what to do with the membership that I bought just before the pandemic put a hold on it and everything else.

Wasn't weird, for the most part.  I got extended another two months, and, well, sure, I guess that sounds fair.  It helped to work out in the middle of the day when no one else was around.  When I came back mid-workout from sanitizing my hands, however, I saw an elderly couple come up.  I was afraid they were going to use the fitness room as well.  And even though there are no occupancy restrictions there now (it opened up several months ago, but you had to reserve an hour online that was yours and yours alone), if they came into the room with me ... well, I don't know if I would have stayed.  But those two were just using the walking track, and so I had the run of the place all to myself for two hours.  I doubt I made a dent in my body health, but it was good to finally move it around, you know?

And now, as I type this, I am doing another thing that I used to do a lot but hadn't since the pandemic began: Go to a coffeehouse!  I'm doing this from Diamonds before going to Sociable and Target.  I didn't get a coffee, either (I got a mixed berry smoothie instead), but I obviously brought my computer with me to work on this and hang out and, oh, reconcile my receipts.  You know, just like old times ... but I'm wearing my mask because I'm done drinking my smoothie.

Baby steps, right?  And assuming I don't get sick with COVID-19 after doing these things, I'll just plan on exercising and going to coffeeshops more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment