Thursday, July 8, 2021

You Know What? I Don't Think She Likes Me, Therefore I Don't Like Her

OK, so in my blog post here I had a short essay about my co-worker who, after I asked her how many folders she had gone through for an hour that was not trackable because the pens were somehow screwed up, went "I did lots of folders!"  Well, that annoyance has become a full-on frustration.

Now I will say that I don't know for sure she doesn't like me, but I can sense body language and I am an expert on passive-aggression, so I know microaggression when I see it.  Yesterday, I bring over the clipboard because this co-worker was the one who has to do the hourly check.  I sit down, she gets up, takes the clipboard from where we usually put it, and does the check.  "You don't like that I give you the clipboard?" I asked, to which she replied, in a tone that I'm not going to say is unfriendly, nor would I say is genuine, "Oh, I just like it over there."

I'm gonna say it: What the hell is she talking about?

And this is where my spidey-sense continued to look in her direction for the way she was giving vibes that I was creeping her out.  (I realize I may be talking like an incel.  I'm not an incel.  I just know I'm right.)  From that point on, I have to be honest, she irked the ever-lovin' shit out of me.  When she started on the job she was quiet and kept to herself and did her job.  I thought that was cool.  But now that she's settled into a groove, apparently the real her has come out.  She checks her phone a lot.  She doesn't say anything to anybody -- well, maybe the guy in our department who started along with her.  (Are they boyfriend-girlfriend?  Brother-sister?  Fuck if I know, and it's been a year!)  Once break or lunch time begins, she gets up, buries her head in her phone, and walks out, not caring about anybody who might be coming her way down our narrow hallways.  People who do nothing but talk at work are annoying as fuck, don't get me wrong.  But the quietest ones can be absolute dicks too.  Quiet people are often not helpful, they're insular to the point of being self-centered, and they are indifferent to the work and the work environment.  Add to it that I think she doesn't like me, and now she's making toxic my work environment.

No, I don't have absolute proof.  But I see a pattern of circumstantial evidence that I don't think she likes me, and in order to defend myself, that means I don't like her.  Great -- another fucking person whose personality bugs the shit outta me.

No comments:

Post a Comment