Monday, July 19, 2021

Expenses Without Receipt

So, something happened, but I'll wait till the end of this to talk about it.  For right now, let's just start.  Starting from Sunday, July 18:
  • We subsequently take it back to Friday, July 16, where I spent a day finally getting around to exercising and then blowing what calories I burned by eating a damn good Jucy Lucy and fries at the Boomin' BBQ food truck (they're open Fridays through Sundays, and you should go) by making a pit stop at Starbucks.  I had a strawberry acai drink because I needed to sort my receipts real quick.  It was good to finally do two things I've been meaning to do.  Hey, who needs sex anyway, right?  With tip: $5.23.
  • Go back to Sunday the 11th, where I went to Part Wolf (formerly the Nomad) to watch the Final of the European Championships.  (Beyond the racial abuse those three Black English players suffered for missing Penalty Kicks, may I reiterate that Penalty Kicks are a shitty way to decide a title Match, let alone any soccer Game.)  I was able to put down two drinks; maybe my tolerance is going up?  Part Wolf was supposed to have a deal where a specific Fair State tap was only $4.  I ordered that.  The bartender looked at the closest Fair State tap and went, "This one?" and I said, "Sure," and when she rang it up it was not $4.  As I said before, I need to watch soccer Games at this pub, so I didn't argue.  For the second half I got an Urban Forage dry cider.  With tips I spent a total of: $17.
  • Before this day I finally looked through my change, which I seldom do these days because I don't use currency all that often nowadays.  I noticed that of the many quarters I had jangling in my back pocket, most of them had the same tails side -- and it was new, namely the latest edition of their ... er, series of whatever it's supposed to be.  And that's when I finally took the cleanest of these new quarters (two of them) and a dime from this year (just about mint, although I think I saw a scratch on its heads side) and put them into storage: 60 cents.
  • Monday, July 5: The great thing about having a holiday when in The Real World it isn't a holiday is that you get a weekday where you can catch up on things.  My hair was getting quite unruly, so I thought my day off would be a good time to finally get my hair cut at Great Clips.  I got a receipt, so this EWR is tip only: $4.
  • That evening, even though I had work tomorrow, I went out.  (I was filling in second shift, so even though it wouldn't have been a big deal regardless, it really wasn't that night.)  I went out to Part Wolf to catch the Brazil-Peru Copa America Semifinal.  I was casting about for hours trying to find the right place to watch the Match.  And I'm glad they were open, and I'm glad they changed the channel to the Game.  I just wished they'd turn the sound on for it, which ended with Brazil prevailing, 1-0.  But I was the only customer there the whole Match, so I couldn't act as if I ran the place.  Besides, the music that was playing instead was really good.  I had to Shazam a couple songs.  Anyway, I bought an Urban Forage as well as a Coke as well as a mango White Claw because that shitty White Claw was on special for Mondays and that was honored by the bartender.  Unfortunately, when I made a placeholder amount in the draft for this blog post, I typed in the number 7.  Those three things, plus tip, could not be just seven bucks.  I don't remember what the individual drinks priced out to, so I am taking a guess that the Urban Forage, which I had Sunday for the EURO, was, with tip, nine bucks, and if that's the case (and who knows), the whole shebang set me back: $16.
  • Oh, and parking to get to Part Wolf cost: $4.
  • OK, so to this "something happened."  Going back through my blog posts here on WAF in order to reconcile my monthly expense list, I came across another EWR draft.  And there was one EWR that I totally forgot about.  It's for Friday, June 4, so I'm glad I caught it because I am reconciling June right now.  Problem is, I have already published this EWR with one EWR that happened after the EWR that I missed.  That's never happened before.  And that shouldn't have happened, and I don't feel good about it.  So, I'll just put it here: On Friday, June 4, I went to my shoe shiner.  With tip: $20.
Alright, that embarrassment is over.  Good through July 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment