Thursday, July 15, 2021

Christ, I Just Melt Down Around Her

My supervisor out in The Main Department and I are getting along as well as can.  We usually stay away from each other unless we need to ask one another things, and then it seems to be all good.  Can't say we'll ever be buddy-buddy -- and I have to admit I get a bit envious when she talks in a friendlier and more relaxed way with my other co-workers -- but if this is as good as we can get along, I think I can manage, at least for a while.

Still, I still to just melt down around her.  I lose my shizzle, and I still don't know why.  Case in point: Yesterday, I see a form I have never seen before.  I go to her because, well, that's what you do.  I tell her I am in this, uh ... let's just say one part of the data entry, uh, part of the form.  And so I get her out of her chair to have her look at the image of this form on my computer, which is about, oh, ten yards away form her desk.  And it turns out I am not where I thought I was when it came to dealing with this form.  My supervisor pointed out which, uh, stage we were seeing this form because it said so in the upper-left hand corner, which is something I should have seen and have used as a guide to where I am when entering data for forms ever since I started here.

She has her bitchy qualities, and we might be oil and water frequently.  But (and I think I have said this before) this is not the first time I have not said either the most accurate or smartest thing to her while at work.  Can I blame this on waking up at 4 and getting to work at 5:30 in the morning?  Or am I subconsciously intimidated by her to the point I don't make sense and have lost all my bearings of where I am?  She probably thinks I'm stupid, and as much as I resent her if she does, I keep giving her ammo.

No comments:

Post a Comment