Sunday, October 3, 2021

I Hate Marathons

Or rather I hate marathon days.  There's a marathon this morning, and it starts downtown ... the same place and the same time as the Vikings Game.  The chaos ensuing from that is bad enough; I need to find an alternate route to get to my parking spot.  But my co-worker for the Game asked me last night to come in early and ... shoot, I'll keep it a secret, and it involves going into the closed area of the start of the marathon.  Worse than that, I need to do this as the marathon starts.  It's going to be a shitshow, and it appears as though the people I work for are either blissfully unaware or simply don't care that they want something done in the middle of a marathon.

We ran into a similar situation several years ago.  It got so bad that people were literally yelling at another co-worker, seemingly for his incompetence.  Things would have been fine if not for all the road closures due to the damn marathon.  And so I have no earthly clue why a home Game is ever scheduled the same day as the marathon.  Why can't someone -- race organizers, the team, the city -- decide or at least declare that the marathon has to be on a day when the Vikings are out of town?

I am facing certain disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment