Sunday, October 24, 2021

I plan on going to the Rolling Stones concert tonight.  Can't say I'm a huge fan, but of course I'm familiar with their songs, and I love most of them.  Also, I had a conversation with my sister some years back where she talked about going to a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert even though she and my brother-in-law couldn't afford.  They went because it was a bucket list kind of thing; how would you feel if you had a chance to see one of your favorite bands but didn't because of, well, something?  And that "something" happened with the Stones with the death of drummer Charlie Watts.  That one hurts; I think Mick Jagger and Keith Richards would even say the Rolling Stones aren't really the Stones now that Watts is gone.

Still, are the Rolling Stones as they are now good enough?  Yes.  Obviously they're getting up there; should I lift my nose up and not go because they're not "the real Stones?"  No.  So I plan on going.  I just hope me 1) wearing a mask and 2) being Chinese isn't going to mean other concertgoers are going to accost me.  Crossing my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment