Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Addendum To: I Am Losing The Battle Of The Bulge

I should add that I got my test results from the blood panel I underwent at my doctor's visit.  The turnaround time was as fast as I've ever seen it from this clinic; went in the early afternoon, and apparently the results were available for me to see mid-afternoon.

The results, however, suck.  My good cholesterol is way too down for their liking, and my bad cholesterol is way too up.  It's been that way for several years now.  Unfortunately, the numbers are getting worse.

I am getting the feeling that there's something wrong with me.  That feeling always puts me in a tailspin, and I am liable to do radical, even crazy things in order to "fix" myself.  But the obvious things -- eating less, eating better, exercising more, all the things I need to do in order to lose weight, which in itself is a contributing factor to my bad cholesterol levels -- are so difficult to both do and maintain.  And I exercised last night and I gotta tell ya, I hated every minute of it.  If I couldn't watch Monday Night Football while working out, I don't know if I could have stayed.

So I either do things that are supposed to extend my life but will probably make me want to die, or I stay on this track of gustatory overindulgence and travel to further weight gain and hardening plaque in my blood vessels.  Goddamn, man, growing old and breaking down fucking sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment