Saturday, October 30, 2021

My Fucking Mother took this day of all days to take her sweet-ass time grocery shopping.  I was expecting lunch early enough for me to take in the St. Thomas men's soccer regular season final against Missouri-Kansas City at 1.  I thought I heard the front door slam shut a little after 11, which is around the time the alarm woke me up.  Father told me later that instead of making lunch, Mother was going to buy lunch after she got done with her grocery shopping.

So I waited.  And waited.  I thought about taking off at noon to make it to the Game on time (I've never been there before), but I decided I would be making too much friction if I decided to leave before Mother got home.  And I couldn't tell Father nor Mother I wanted to go to a soccer Match because that would be inviting questions I don't want to answer.  So once it got to 12:30, it was over.  I wasn't going to make the soccer Match.

My Mother came back a bit past 1.  I think.

Something good has to come from this.  So, between other things, I am at the library blog posting this while trying to whittle down my inbox.  I need to walk and take in this lovely, sunny fall day.  And maybe I'll get my car washed before I go to my alumni club game-watching event.

No comments:

Post a Comment