Monday, October 4, 2021

I Was Demoted, And It's All My Fault

Well, what I was afraid was going to happen at the end of last Vikings season happened: I was busted down from my job in the lofty studio, banished instead to the guts of the production trucks.  I knew it: My lack of attention and interest in checking out my fantasy football scores instead of what was going on during time outs did not go unnoticed, and despite what the people I worked with said, I was passed over for a guy who had never done it before.

And you know what?  It's nobody's fault but mine.  I knew I should have been more attentive.  But I didn't, and it was obvious to the decision makers, and so they went in another direction.  It's not fine with me, but like I said, it's all my fault.

Now, this might be a case where they might prefer me to stick with them in the truck and have just some other dude looking at the field.  Or, maybe they don't care.  Or, they do care, and that's why I got demoted.

Well, I guess I should be lucky I still have a satellite job in the profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment