Monday, December 7, 2020

My Inattention At Work

Yeah, I did not see that the field goal unit was taken off the field and the offense put back on, for one thing.  Had a whole commercial to see that, but I didn't because I was on my phone during the commercial break.

I think I missed a flag, too.  That was a case where I was looking somewhere else when I could have just surveyed the whole field.  In retrospect, surveying the whole field wasn't the worst thing to ask of me.

Oh, and I forgot to tell the guy on the other end of my headset where the ball was spotted when Bailey missed that field goal late in the game.  Have to admit that I had the Vikings as my Eliminator this week and was thinking how stupid I was to select them when they were about to cost me.  Oh, and I started Cousins, Robinson, Jefferson and the Minnesota D/ST, too, and I was thinking how that ... well, I may have been thinking how I was going to get screwed with those players on my fantasy teams, but I didn't.  They had huge days because it was a crazy game.  But I was thinking I was getting screwed, and in the meantime, Jacksonville was driving for a game-winning field goal, and I forgot to tell the guy where the missed field goal spot was now placed.

Yeah, these were all issues of inattention.  If the broadcast wasn't going on, I wasn't looking at the field, and there are things that the guy on the other end of the headset needed to know even when we weren't on the air.  Gotta put my phone down and stop looking at my fantasy teams and scrolling through Twitter.  Hope I remember that next season.  Hope I get the opportunity to do better next season, even if the guy on the other end effusively praised me.  I hope he was being genuine.

No comments:

Post a Comment