Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Feeling Fat Getting Fat Am Fat

After work I had a taste test I went to on the other side of town.  What was I sampling?  Oh ... I just remembered that I was sworn to secrecy and I can't tell you.  Let me say I ate five slight variations of this food, I ate all five variations completely -- didn't leave any food to waste -- and they were all very, very damn good.  I wish I knew what company these samples came from.  I never say this, but I mean it: If one of these prototypes is eventually offered for sale, I would buy it.

I don't remember if I was told I would be eating what I ate, but I don't remember the last time I went into a taste test knowing exactly what I was about to sample.  Maybe I should.  Anyway, I ate enough during this taste test to skip dinner.  But I promised I would be home eventually to eat dinner.  What awaited me at the dinner table?  Spaghetti.  I love spaghetti ... but I don't know if I love it after eating five of what I had just an hour before.  Still, I ate it all.

Do you know what goes well with spaghetti?  Pop.  And I had a can of Pepsi I took from the Vikings game waiting for me in the refrigerator for a food like this.  But I couldn't just haul it out to the table because my parents will then lecture me about how I need to avoid drinking sugary soft drinks.  (And they would be right.)  So what I do (and what I have done since I have gone back to drinking pop regularly in the last, oh, few months) is sneak the can or bottle into my bedroom and drink it there.

So I did that just now.  But it's been about two hours after I ate the spaghetti.  The Pepsi tastes great tonight, I'm just responding like that.  But there's something ... I don't know, I guess "missing" as I am drinking the Pepsi tonight.  I feel the need to eat something as I am drinking the Pepsi.  And so I just ate a bag of chips, which I also took from the Vikings production, so the pop had something to wash down.

So, since about 4:30, I ate a lot of (taste test food), spaghetti, Pepsi and chips.  And I still have a pastry Mother made (and Father set aside for me for lunch, along with a banana) to finish, and I should finish it tonight.  Oh, and I still have coffee from work.

I am feeling fat because I am getting fat because I am fat.

And I wonder why my HDL is too high and my LDL is too low.

No comments:

Post a Comment