Friday, December 18, 2020

If That Yappy Bitch At The Library Gave Me COVID I'll ...

So I went to the library Wednesday after eating.  I didn't have to, although it was time to print out my parents' LLC stuff.  I was just kind of sick of being around my parents in the evening, plus I wanted to just go out in the evening.  But mostly, it was because I have this "tradition" where, one night before Christmas, I get a mocha from the Caribou Coffee in the Lunds/Byerlys Uptown and walk around to enjoy the winter and the Christmas season.  Killing two birds with one stone.

I eat dinner, then get to the library.  I was there for just about an hour.  I looked for a computer that is as far away from other people (even beyond the cordoning-off of computer to ensure people were sitting six feet apart) as possible.  I went into the Teen Section of the library, and the only person there was this young girl at a table, seemingly doing homework, with a mask on.  Cool.

So I find and print the forms and then, just because I thought I had time, I surfed around the Internet.  Mostly shopping for gourmet chocolate and then burning through my e-mail.  And then, beyond the computer, I hear: "So what does the textbook mean about finding the vein. ...?"  (I have no idea what she said, I totally made that up beyond thinking that she said something that maybe a nursing student would say.)  And she was talking loudly, louder than library level.  I look past my computer at her ... and goddamn her, she's screaming into her phone with her mask pulled down.

Being the paper tiger I am, I now feel as though I should have said, "Pull your mask up, cunt!" or at least, "Shhh!"  But I didn't.  And worse than that, I didn't end my computer session and leave right after that teenage bitch started acting like a teenage bitch.  I stayed because I wanted to go through the 100+ e-mails I had in my inbox, and I think I had, like, 40 left, and I wanted to go through them all before I left.  I stayed 10-15 minutes, even though it might be my white-hot anger thinking I "had" to stay longer than I really did and it was only five minutes or something.  Regardless, that fucking dilettante was spewing her fucking germs into the same corner of the library I was in.  And me wearing a mask when she fucking didn't have the decency wasn't going to protect me from much.

So now I'm really worried I got it from her.  A new rash of people I see and hear on the TV and radio appear to have gotten it since Wednesday evening, and I'm freaking out.  I plan on getting tested Saturday, but knowing the high-risk situation that bitch put me in (and, to be honest, I did not immediately get myself out of), I need to get tested again about 5-7 days after Wednesday evening, and then a week after that.  But I feel really, really scared about this time around.  The coronavirus noose is tightening around the world, and this time, I think it got me, goddammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment