Thursday, December 3, 2020

Beginning The Fourth And Final Phase

So yesterday/Wednesday I continued training in what probably is the fourth and final department.  Without revealing too much, it sounds like both an extension of The Third Department and a department of last resort, the place where information that needs to be retrieved, and is not retrieved, is given ... well, one final once-over, using other tricks and measures The Third Department is not authorized to use.

At least that's what I think the mission of this department is.  It's difficult to discern its methods, at least right now.  I first got trained on it over a month ago, and since the information was so new, I had forgotten all of it by the time I got back into it yesterday/Wednesday.  We worked on it for most of the day, yet I think we only got through the very first (albeit important) piece.  That particular task is something I actually do in The Third Department, but there is so much more information I need to worry about, and there are other people I need to contact, and there are so many things I need to do when it comes to leaving a paper trail.

I did not get it all.  Hell, I probably forgot it all when I took a nap this evening.  Going into work yesterday/Wednesday I was worried that the training would be both boring and daunting.  Well, I will say that my supervisor has, once again, been very helpful, like she was when re-training me at The Third Department.  But although what she taught me seems basic, it felt overwhelming to me.  And I know today (I will be trained for only the first half of the day) could be worse because I think I will have to go back and re-learn everything I learned yesterday/Wednesday as if it was completely new to me.  No, learning something new isn't supposed to be great.  But it does suck as you're going through it.  And as much as I write and re-write my notes, the learning is going to continue, unabashedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment