Sunday, December 13, 2020

I Fucking Hate Fantasy Sports

Since late last night I have been obsessed with my fantasy football team.  I listened to podcasts and satellite radio that I should bench my starter, and then pick up this guy.  I overturned the rosters of both of my teams to shoot for the moon against opponents I felt -- and sort of still feel -- had the better talent on paper.

Well, I got trampled in the league I am not commissioner in, also known as the league that actually pays out money for champions.  I have a chance with Lamar Jackson in the league I am Commish in, but I'm fearing for the worst there.

And yet I find myself more pissed at losing at Eliminator.  Yep, I am gone at Week 14.  Why in the fuck didn't New Orleans beat Philadelphia?  They're a dome team playing on the road outside, but they've won like that before.  Why didn't I choose Seattle instead?  They were playing the Jets; in retrospect, why shouldn't I have chosen the Seahawks, even though they got upset, also at home, vs. the Giants last week?

All this losing, and at the same time, pisses me off.

I fucking hate fantasy sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment